Lagos State University (LASU) Supplementary Postgraduate Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session
Lagos State University, LASU supplementary postgraduate admission form for the 2021/2022 academic session is now on sale.
The Postgraduate School invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under-listed Postgraduate Programmes at the Lagos State University, Ojo, for the 2021/2022 Academic Session.
LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Courses, Duration & Requirements
A. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
PROFESSION MASTER OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS [MBE]
- Candidates to be considered for the Professional Master Degree of Business Economics must possess, at least:
- A Second (2nd) Class lower Division Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Banking & Finance, Business Administration, Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management, Marketing, Accounting, Public Administration, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or any other related fields.
- LASU Post-Graduate Diploma with a minimum of 50% cumulative weighted average.
- Applicants with a Postgraduate Diploma from other Universities with a CGPA of 3.50 and above on a scale of 5.0 are eligible to apply for the Professional Master Degree;
- Applicants with a Third (3rd) Class Honours Degree, along with a Postgraduate Diploma of 3.50 CGPA and above on a scale of 5.0 are eligible for admission for this Professional Master Degree;
- Applicants with Higher National Diploma (HND) plus Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) are eligible to apply for the Professional Master Degree in Business Economics;
- Applicants are also required to possess Five (5) O’Level Credits of GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB in English language, Maths, Economics, and any other Two (2) subject or combination with Advanced Level papers.
- Applicants with any one (1) O’Level deficiency relevant to the Degree entry requirements earlier permitted at the point of First Degree can be considered for admission.
- Applicants with one (1) O’Level deficiency would be subjected to a University template to remedy it by taking prescribed relevant internal additional undergraduate courses (within Lagos State University) at an appropriate additional fee.
Duration of program:
- The minimum duration for the program is Four (4) semesters and maximum of six (6) semesters. The program is a Professional Degree. Upon successful completion of the program, candidates with a minimum of CGPA of 3.5 can progress to the Professional
Doctorate Degree in Business Economics.
- Regulations governing the award of the degree include:
- The examination shall be conducted by the regulation of the Postgraduate School, Lagos State University, Ojo.
- To qualify for the award of the Masters of Business Economics (MBE), candidates must register and pass a minimum of 36 units including a Dissertation (Project). The average mark for the program is based on grade scores in all the courses taken including Dissertation (project). Examination grades in each course are recorded as percentage marks.
- Satisfy all requirements as stipulated in the regulations of the Postgraduate School.
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Security Studies [PDCSS]
- The criteria for admission into Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Security Studies [PDCSS] Professional Programme shall be as follows:
- All candidates must possess a minimum of Five O’ Level Credit Passes which must include the English Language.
- All candidates must possess an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences or Management Sciences, Science, or any other relevant field of specialization with at least a Third (3rd) Class Division from Lagos State University or any other Institutions recognized by the Senate of Lagos State University. Candidates with HND, not less than lower credit or professional certificate in security management, law enforcement, international relations, strategic studies, or security studies can also apply.
- Mature candidates of 30 years of age and above with [insufficient] less than Five (5) credits at O’ Level certificate including English Language or Mathematics, but with at least ten (10) years working experience in relevant organizations will be allowed on the program. Such candidates will, however, have to meet the University admission requirements before they can utilize the Postgraduate Diploma for admission into the Master’s Degree programs of the Centre
DURATION: Part-Time: A minimum of Two (2) semesters
B. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
MASTER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY [MIT]
- The MIT program is open to candidates with the following qualifications, provided that the candidate has Five (5) credits in any subject in which English Language and Mathematics must be included:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or any related discipline;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or any related discipline;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Business Management discipline Second (2rd) class lower division] and a minimum of three (3) years IT-related experience;
- Higher National Diploma in any Computing, Electrical/Electronic discipline [Upper credit] and a minimum of three (3) years of IT-related experience;
- Holders of professional certificates from recognized institutions/bodies such as CPN, ICAN, ANAN, CIBN, CIS, CITN, or other similar/related certifications with a minimum of five  years of experience in conducting IT-related services.
DURATION: Part-Time: A minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.
All candidates seeking admission to the MIT program must show evidence that they have done an introduction to Computer Science/Computer Appreciation/Computer Literacy or any Computer-related course at the undergraduate level
C. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)With areas of specializations:
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Health Care Management and
- Oil, Gas, and Energy Management
- Risk Management
- Graduates of Lagos State University and holder of a Degree recognized by the Senate of Lagos State University with a minimum of Second (2rd) Class Lower. Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University with Third (3rd) Class or Pass Degree, plus Postgraduate Diploma.
- Holders of Professional qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, CIPM, or any other Professional qualification approved by the Senate of Lagos State University in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Insurance, Marketing, Engineering, and Allied disciplines. Such a candidate may be considered for admission based on such qualifications.
- HND with Upper Credit in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Insurance, Marketing, Engineering, and Allied disciplines provided that such candidate presents a PGD in relevant disciplines.
- All candidates must possess Five (5) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings.
- A minimum of three (3) years post qualification and post-NYSC working experience in a reputable organization.
Duration: Minimum of Four (4) semesters and maximum of six (6) semesters.
How to Apply for LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Admission Form
Applicants are required to pay the sum of Twenty Five Thousand Three Hundred Naira (N25,300.00) non-refundable application fee into LASU Account on Line. All applicants shall be required to sit for the qualifying Entrance Examination on the Main Campus, Ojo, Lagos.
NOTE: Visit the University website www.lasu.edu.ng for information on admission requirements and the mode of payment for the application fee.
CLOSING DATE: The sale of application forms will be closed Four (4) weeks from the date of this publication.
Application forms for all programs should be submitted online and a copy of the e-Registration slip printed out by the applicant.
- Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignment or on their current Postgraduate Programmes need not apply.
- All academic transcripts must be received latest two (2) weeks after the close of the sale of forms.
- Request for transfer of processed application forms from one Department to another will not be entertained.
- Candidates must personally attend the selection and written examinations as make-up tests will not be conducted.
- Please include your E-mail address/ phone number on the form.
For further information, please contact:
The Prin. Asst. Registrar/Secretary,Postgraduate School, Lagos State University, Ojo. firstname.lastname@example.org
Read also: How To Check 2022 Joint Admission And Matriculation Board (JAMB) Result